NIOSH Publication Number 2010-168c Other Databases
- Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health Concentrations (IDLHs)
Provides IDLH air concentration values for substances, and the criteria and information sources that have beenused to determine these values.
- International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSC)
Summarizes essential health and safety information on chemicals fortheir use at the "shop floor" level by workers and employers in factories, agriculture,construction and other work places.
- NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods (NMAM)
Provides a collection of methods for sampling and analysis of contaminants in workplace air, and in the blood and urine of workers who are occupationally exposed.
- OSHA Sampling & Analytical Methods
Provides an alphabetical list of chemicals that have either a validated or partially validated OSHA sampling method.
- Recommendations for Chemical Protective ClothingProvides assistance in identifying potentially appropriate types of chemical barrier material for protection against skin contact with the chemicals listed in the NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards.
- Specific Medical Tests Published for OSHA-Regulated Substances
The MEDTEST database lists the specific medical tests published in the literaturefor OSHA regulated substances. Updates of OSHA mandated tests (July 1, 2000)and NIOSH/OSHA recommendations are included.
- Toxicologic Review of Selected Chemicals
Gives toxicologic reviews of 409 chemicals. This database is derived from OSHA comments from the January 19, 1989 Final Rule on Air Contaminants Project.
- 2008 Emergency Response Guidebook (U.S. DOT)
Provides guidance for first responders to quickly identify specific or generic classification of material(s) involved in an incident, and protect themselves and the general public during the initial response phase.
Note: In these databases, links to the NIOSH and CDC home pages are Internet links. Additional links may also go to Web sources outside the NIOSH web site. In either case, these links will not work without an Internet connection.
Tools and References